Monday, August 3, 2009

Introduction to Flynn

Voki is a online site that allows you to create Avatars (a computer character) that talk.

I will introduce Flynn to the year 4/5 class at my local school. The class is studying sea animals. English is a second or third language for these children and I believe that the use of a avatar would engage the students.

I had the opportunity to create a avatar with a year 1/2 class on their iinteractive whiteboard. They loved it. It gave them the opportunity to practice making Standard Australian English sentances.


Get a Voki now!



reference:
http://www.voki.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Troy,

    I like your Voki...did you introduce Flynn to your class? How did they like it?

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment the school is having its internet upgraded so I will have to wait until the end of the month to present this unit.

    ReplyDelete