Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Flickr


Flying fish?, originally uploaded by kartoffel.


Flickr gives you access to images its like an online photo album. You can search for images by categories. I found this program simple to use like all programs I am sure that as I use the program more I will utilise more of its features.

I can see that this would be a useful program to use in the classroom. In my context I can imagine introducing the topic sea animals on the interactive whiteboard using photos from Flickr. It would give some of the students who have not seen the ocean a visual picture of what a beach, fish, turtle etc look like.



References:
http://www.flickr.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hi Troy,

    I love this picture, it is an amazing photo of a fish. Flickr definitely has some pretty cool pics on there. I also like your idea of incorporating it with the Interactive whiteboard. Will be interesting if you ever get a chance to expolre that.

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete